Monday, May 16, 2016

Freshman e-Comm Final Reflection

 This year in e-Comm I learned plenty of technical skills. I learned how to edit video footage in Final Cut Pro, use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, animate in Photoshop and SketchUp, and create a website using Adobe Dreamweaver. Over the course of the year, I created: 3 videos,  5 graphic design projects, 7 animations, and 3 websites. These were made before the final project. I learned that I like video production and animation better than graphic design and web design. In video production, we learned the fundamentals of filming and basic editing skills. In graphic design, we learned how to use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Using our new knowledge of the programs, we created a variety of projects including: a creative color wheel, photoshop images of our school, and personal logos. In animation, we learned how to make animations in Adobe Photoshop. Using different shapes and layers, we created multiple short animations. We then used SketchUp to create 3D objects and we learned to create animations with that program as well. Throughout the year, we created several websites, and learned the basics of web design. Overall, my first year in e-Comm was great. I learned plenty of new skills, and I developed a love of being behind a camera. With 3 years left, I can only wonder what new skills I’ll attain in the years to come.

-Jackson Chien

No comments:

Post a Comment