Monday, May 15, 2017

Personal Project - Explosions

  This quarter in animation, our class has been learning about special effects and how to properly input them into video. Once we learned the basics, we created two projects based on explosions. Nothing is happening, then BOOM! Because why not...

  Overall, the projects were just an introduction into special effects. They were meant to test how well we learned, then how fast we could repeat it. There wasn't any pre-production for this project other than downloading the effects used. We used the explosion, dust, smoke, debris, and some other effects to make the blast as real as possible. Along the way, I learned that it rarely works perfectly the first time, and the key to being successful is being patient until you find something that works. If I did anything differently, it would definitely be my lack of patience. At the beginning, some of the things that I wanted didn't work out, and I slammed my head on my desk out of frustration multiple times. But the technical work would stay the same. I'm satisfied with how the two videos turned out. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment