Tuesday, September 20, 2016

1 in 2000-Keenan Capps

  Every single one of the 2000+ students at Olathe Northwest has a story. In my Exploring A/V class, all of the students interviewed each other. We found out what our classmates' stories were, and specifically, what they did over the summer. For my interview, I talked to Keenan Capps about what he did over the summer. As it turns out, he had gone to Chicago with his parents just before coming back to school. In the video, he talks about his experiences and why he loved the trip. This is just one example of a normal student with an extraordinary story. Every student at ONW has a story like this, it's just a matter of finding it.

  This video project required a 15-second voice-over. When writing the script for the voice-over, I tried to think of something to say that wouldn't sound corny or robot-like. I tried to say something that would relate to people. I hope I succeeded.

  Making this video wasn't hard. Keenan and I got permission to go into the empty auditorium, and we set up the camera there. I sat on the stage and set the camera next to me, and Keenan sat in the first row of chairs. There were some times where we got off topic, so I did have to edit the footage, but I didn't change anything major. I made the video itself, then imported my voice-over into the beginning.


No comments:

Post a Comment